The cloud is an unstoppable force in today’s professional and personal worlds – would you rather be a part of it, or try to fight against it? This is the key to why a cloud-first strategy is so important. At this point, it’s almost less of a matter of innovation, so much as it is a matter of keeping up with how the modern business landscape is changing.
Let’s look at it from both angles.
Why is it dangerous to not have a cloud-first strategy?
More and more, customers are asking for the best cloud solution, and MSPs like yours are trying their best to provide it. But the problem that so many MSPs fail to realize is that it’s not enough just to add a cloud offering to their ever-growing list of services. In order to provide the best cloud solution for customers, it has to be the first focus of the business.
The core issue with the modern MSP business model is that it’s too complicated. By trying to do everything for your customers, you end up being, at best, a jack-of-all-trades, but master of none. Wouldn’t you rather focus on a single, industry-leading offering that provides a range of benefits that will holistically revolutionize your customers’ IT environments?
As far as the MSP industry, and most other sectors of the business world are concerned, the answer is a resounding “Yes”.
Furthermore, it’s not just a matter of how easy the business is for your MSP; you also have to consider what your customers — and just as importantly, what your potential, future customers — are looking for.
As we’ve already established, the cloud has quickly taken over the business technology world, becoming a household term along with “smartphone” and “selfie.” Consider that with the above benefits of focusing on just one key offering, and what you’re left with is the cloud. It’s what everybody wants, and it’s what’ll benefit your MSP the most as well.
Failing to see the writing on the wall will only serve to shrink your customer-base. As more and more potential customers pass you over to go with a more cloud-focused provider, your business growth will stall. Soon enough, your existing customers will start asking for the cloud — a warning sign in and of itself — and then jump ship when it becomes clear that you can’t deliver what your competitors can.
As you can see, lacking a cloud-first strategy paints a rather grim picture, so let’s examine the opposite.
What will a cloud-first strategy offer you?
When you partner with the right cloud provider, developing a cloud-first strategy is easier than you may think. The CloudJumper team is here to help MSPs like yours implement a winning cloud-focused service with our industry-leading Workspace as a Service (WaaS) solution, Cloud Workspace®. This platform provides you with the tools and support you need as you implement a cloud-first focus, and a range of benefits, including:
- Outsourced Level 2 Support | The CloudJumper team of expert cloud engineers and support technicians will handle any and all support requests from your customers that reach level 2 and above. This frees up your team to handle simple issues like forgotten passwords and login management.
- Vastly Reduced Payroll | A cloud-first strategy means you won’t have to pay expensive salaries for Tier 2 and 3 engineers.
- Simplified Expenses | Focusing on one key service means simplifying your business as a whole – fewer vendors, a smaller staff, etc.
Furthermore — and just as crucial to the growth of your business and its bottom line — what does a cloud-first strategy offer your customers?
As a start, key benefits of a robust cloud platform like ours include:
- Convenient Flexibility | The cloud offers granular scalability to match whatever way your customers’ businesses may change. Whether they’re adding new employees, a second location, a new department or whatever else, the cloud makes it simple to add and configure new resources to support them along the way.
- OPEX vs CapEx | Transitioning your customers from an on premise IT environment means freeing them of inflexible and hard-to-budget capital expenses – this type of expense is invested upfront and only gets a return over time. However, your customer’s new cloud environment, hosted offsite and provided virtually, is budgeted as an operating expense, which is much easier to budget as the cost goes out and the return goes comes in month by month.
- Comprehensive Accessibility | One of the most favored benefits of the cloud is the access it offers users. No matter where they may be, so long as they have a working internet connection then they can access their work through the cloud. In the office, at home, on the go, on vacation or wherever else, the cloud brings their data to them.
The choice is clear, right? Think about all the benefits that come with a cloud-first strategy, and weigh them against what will eventually happen if you stay the way you are right now. Don’t let your MSP get left behind!
Start evolving your MSP with a cloud-first strategy right away – get in touch with us to get started: email@example.com or (844) 645-6789. Follow us on social media: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn.