Today, Microsoft announced that it is getting into the Desktop as a Service space with its Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) solution and names CloudJumper as a “leading partner.” CloudJumper has been working with Microsoft for over 18 months on the evolution of RDmi to WVD and will fully support WVD upon launch. Functionality will include orchestration, provisioning, deployment, management and dynamic scaling of resources with infinite Azure resource scalability. Graphic intensive applications will also be fully supported leveraging Cloud Workspace® Management Suite profiles and Azure GPU VMs. Click here for more on CloudJumper for Azure. Read Microsoft’s Announcement.
According to Microsoft’s release, Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale Windows and Office on Azure in minutes, with built-in security.
This is a huge victory for every CloudJumper partner as it is now easier to both give their end customers the DaaS solution they want and to meet their Azure spend. In fact, the two now go hand in hand.
Making Azure Better
Our Cloud Workspace Management Suite software and single-server Cloud Workspace PaaS solution makes Microsoft Window Virtual Desktops and moving into Microsoft Azure Cloud affordable and simple and does it all RIGHT NOW!
- Single Pane of Glass | Securely access and manage multiple organizations in multiple clouds or Azure subscriptions
- Automated Initial Customer Provisioning | It’s simple, correct and consistent every time. Watch for Seamless Azure Market Place option coming soon.
- Natively Integrated & Connected to O365 Azure Active Directory Domain Services (AADDS) | It simplifies user enablement for Cloud Workspace and Windows Virtual Desktops and Eliminates AD Connect Server and complications (supported just not needed)
- Line of Business Servers & Applications | Manages server provisioning and applications installations, applications entitlement management. It also supports marketplace style functionality for user to request access to business applications which can be reviewed and approved by administrators
- Script Engine | Supports event triggers such as client creation, user creation, server creation and many others
- Dynamic Resource Scaling | Including patented “Wake on Demand” capabilities
- True Utility Style Compute Cost Management
- Integrated Anti-Malware from Microsoft
- Integrated Azure Backup Orchestration | Schedule, Manage, Recover
- Supports Data Layer | Azure Files & One Drive
We will have a lot more on this announcement soon. So, stay tuned for more info, but in the meantime, thank you, Microsoft for validating the life’s work of CloudJumper. Welcome to the DaaS space.