Getting ahead as a Managed Services Provider (MSP) doesn’t just require effective solutions. You need to offer more if you’re going to get — and keep — your clients. In the end, it won’t be enough just to keep your clients’ systems up to date, secure, backed up, and all around comprehensively operational, because there’s still one more factor that could put you behind the competition – cost.
Your clients want to know that you’re helping them keep their Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to a minimum. TCO is an estimate of the costs, both direct and indirect, of owning and operating a system or type of applied technology at your client’s business. In a nutshell, it’s what it will cost their business to have the best technologies (or the “least expensive option”) in place. Without a competitive TCO, they’ll keep their ear to the ground for a competitor who can do the same for less.
That’s why you need to start offering Cloud Workspace®, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) solution. As popular as the cloud is today, it’s not necessarily easy for end users to configure, support and maintain it for themselves on an ongoing basis. So they turn to MSPs like yours to help them find and use the best cloud platform available; and make no mistake, there are a lot of cloud solutions out there to choose from – so how will they decide which the right one for them?
One key differentiator is the cost; the cloud is popular, but — on a per end-user basis – can be expensive. So while from your perspective you may assume a potential client will look for the best cloud solution available, but that’s just not the reality. More often, a client’s going to try to save money before considering anything else. That’s why it’s so important for you to offer a cloud solution that’s both functional AND cost-effective.
It’s worth noting that some potential clients may be thinking, “Isn’t the cloud more expensive?” Many people think that because the cloud is a newer, more modern technology, it must cost more too. While this may have been true at the beginning of the cloud era, it has now been around long enough that it can be offered at truly competitive prices.
So, not only does WaaS offer a more convenient and user-friendly experience than traditional IT, it’s more cost effective too! By equipping your clients with CloudJumper’s WaaS solution, Cloud Workspace®, you remove their need for expensive, and inefficient physical hardware, which eliminates the often overlooked HVAC costs that come with keeping your onsite servers climate controlled. That’s just one of the many ways WaaS helps lower TCO.
Still, don’t believe us? Then look at this breakdown of the numbers for yourself:
It’s important to keep in mind that while this model doesn’t factor in the cost for people (given that you, the MSP, are the people), the savings it offers can be funneled into other resources to foster strategic IT initiatives.
And that’s not the end of the story! Beyond the numbers themselves, WaaS provides even more potential for cost savings:
- Savings On Hardware | Before the cloud, onsite servers were a must for any business that wanted to succeed, but no longer. Businesses today don’t need to purchase, install and maintain onsite servers because, with WaaS, they outsource them through the cloud to a data center instead. By choosing a cloud solution instead, you enjoy all the benefits of an up to date and optimized IT infrastructure, without having to pay more than your monthly service fee.
- OpEx > CapEx | Whereas Capital Expenditures (CapEx) — on-premise IT solutions — are paid for up front and see a gradual return over the following months and years, Operating Expenses (OpEx) are “pay-as-you-go.” Your clients pay for WaaS month by month, which vastly reduces the window between investment and return.
- Complete Scalability | No matter how your clients’ business changes, whether growing, expanding to multiple locations or otherwise, the cloud is flexible enough to precisely fit their needs.
- High-Level Support | IT doesn’t just mean hardware and software – your client needs the right people too. In addition to you as their MSP, CloudJumper users benefit from an expert team of technicians working Tier 2 support and above to ensure their WaaS platform is functioning properly around the clock.
- Safe and Inexpensive | Security can be difficult to manage because, as important as it is, it’s often just as expensive. However, with the right cloud solution, your clients are only paying a small monthly fee to gain access to enterprise-level security solutions offered to all other clients on the platform.